We are looking for creative and charismatic candidates who are
- Passionate about singing
- And, most especially, enthusiastic about mentoring younger students
To apply as a YCM Ranger, you should be
- Age 14 by December 31st of the academic year
- Able to follow instructions in both languages of instruction, English and Italian
- Ready to help our young choristers quickly orient themselves in printed music
You should be available to serve for the entire 2018/2019 academic year in the following capacity:
- Weekly: for your assigned rehearsal session plus an additional 15 minutes to help with set up
- Monthly: one Friday afternoon per month for YCM general rehearsals and workshops
- Special events: dress rehearsals and performances
YCM wouldn’t be the same without our Rangers, and so we have several ways of expressing our appreciation throughout the season. In addition to the joys of being looked up to by the younger YCM choristers, you will enjoy getting to know the other Rangers at our monthly general rehearsals. As a select ensemble you will learn and polish your own repertoire and later perform those pieces at the YCM Winter Concert February 28th, 2019 and in additional performances throughout the spring.
If you are an IB candidate, working with YCM is a great way to fulfill your required CAS hours. We’ll gladly provide whatever documentation your coordinator requires as part of this academic requirement.
Lastly, the Artistic and Executive Directors love to see our students succeed and thus are proud to provide Rangers who successfully complete one or more years at YCM with any letters of recommendation they may need when applying to summer enrichment, student exchange, or university programs.